NEXT SUBMISSIONS DEADLINE: March 30th, 2021
No Set Theme
BEFORE SUBMITTING, PLEASE DO TWO THINGS:
(1) Read About moonShine review on this website.
(2) Read these instructions step by step.
We’re looking for inspiring, creative prose with a personal perspective, fiction or nonfiction, and, as always, we’re drawn to stories that capture our motto of “light within the dark.”
Our goal is to provide a venue for unique voices, and we are interested in work that conveys honest and individual perspectives. To know more, read “About moonShine review” on this website before submitting. We also encourage you to order and read a past issue.
We work on one issue at a time, and our reading periods are the months immediately following are deadlines.
2021 Deadlines: March 31st (reading in April) and September 30th (reading in October). Submissions are accepted year-round.
HOW/WHAT TO SUBMIT
- We accept original, previously unpublished works of creative PROSE—short fiction, flash fiction, creative non-fiction. We do not publish plays or poetry.
- We accept email submissions only, and all notifications are sent via email. Please add
moonShine@carolina.rr.com to your accepted emails list, so we don’t end up in your SPAM.
- You can submit up to three (3) pieces at one time of 3,000 words or less. Submissions exceeding 3,000 words will not be considered; 2,500 or less preferred, no minimum.
- Payment is one (1) complimentary copy of the issue and a substantial discount on additional copies.
- Submit your piece as a WORD attachment and remove your name and personal information from the file. See “FORMATTING” below for setting your WORD file’s attributes.
- In the body of your email, include the following:
- The name you go by AND your full name as you want it to appear in moonShine review
- Your contact name, if it is different from your pen name
- Phone number
- Email address
- USPS mailing address—If accepted, needed to mail your copy
- Titles of submissions—Exactly as you want them to appear in our publication
- Simultaneous submissions are allowed, but please notify us immediately if your piece is accepted
- Remove your name from your attachments—your name should not appear anywhere in your file.
- Submit a separate attachment for each prose piece you are submitting.
- Be sure your files are titled the same as the titles listed in your email. Include the title on every page of the document and number pages.
- Use Times New Roman, 12 point.
- Double space and indent every paragraph, use one-inch margins, and do not include spacing between
Please understand the guidelines above are necessary to give us the best opportunity to consider your work.
If you have additional questions after reading these guidelines, please email email@example.com.
THANK YOU. We look forward to your submissions!
Anne M. Kaylor
Executive Editor & Publisher